Stock No. 5084PS
A General View of the City of Lisbon, the Capital of the Kingdom of Portugal, as it stood on the North side of the River Tagus or Tajo before the late Earthquakes, on November 1st and 8th, 1755. Engraved by B. Cole for Barrow's New Geographical Dictionary, 1759-60. Image 147 x 280 mm., sheet about 200 x 325 mm. Later hand-colouring. Bottom right-hand corner missing and repaired with contemporary paper, well away from image. A couple of minor creases on left of sheet.